Read This Before Beginning

This program is a general fitness program working on a 5 day on, 2 day off cycle. As with any exercise program you should consult a physician prior to beginning this program to determine that you are healthy enough to participate. I am in no way responsible for any injuries caused by you participating in this program online. For reference on how to properly perform exercises you can visit the Exercise Library for demonstrations of some but not all of the exercises in this program. Be safe, have fun and let's get started on a new journey today!


Sunday, February 21, 2016

Climb A Grade Harder: Re-Week 2 - Building Baseline

This week I decided to switch things up a little to try to fit my schedule better! I felt that my bouldering was slightly hindered the first week because of all the forearm work in between the 2 climbing days (not complaining, I totally needed it, but I also want to perform without immediate fatigue). After route climbing and working out Tuesday I also felt like I should split that up because I felt too rushed during the climbing portion. So here's my modified schedule:

Monday: cardio and strength
Tuesday: route climbing
Wednesday: climbing assistance exercises
Thursday: bouldering
Friday: climbing assistance exercises

It's a little confusing, if you aren't doing the program yourself, just ignore all that.....

For routes this week I was able to get 3 sets of route doubles: Llamas On Mars - 5.9, Momo - 5.9+, New 5.10b

For boulders this week I was able to get 3 sets of contrasting hard/easy bouldering routes: V2/V0, V2/V1, V2/V1

I definitely felt less fatigued bouldering this week so I'm hoping the modified schedule is the way to go! You have to make things work for you to get results you want! Did I mention I'd like to be able to see my abs again? That's another goal after doing all the core work in this program! Time to rest up for week 3! Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment