Read This Before Beginning

This program is a general fitness program working on a 5 day on, 2 day off cycle. As with any exercise program you should consult a physician prior to beginning this program to determine that you are healthy enough to participate. I am in no way responsible for any injuries caused by you participating in this program online. For reference on how to properly perform exercises you can visit the Exercise Library for demonstrations of some but not all of the exercises in this program. Be safe, have fun and let's get started on a new journey today!


Saturday, March 12, 2016

Climb A Grade Harder Program: Week 6 - I Should've Rested

So this is actually Week 5, which was supposed to be a rest week, but I'm on vacation next week so I figured another hard week of training wouldn't be too bad......I totally needed the rest week, lol.

The week started off and I was packed at work so I had planned to split the workouts into 5 days this week instead of 4 but my body had other plans. Got the cardio in great but after climbing Tuesday, I couldn't tell if I tweaked something in my shoulder or just slept on it wrong so instead of working out Wednesday, I skipped the conditioning circuit and rested in hopes of climbing Thursday. Mission accomplished, climbed pretty well on Thursday despite the fact that my shoulder was still a little sore and my left forearm felt like something was stabbing it (not a great idea, I know, but sometimes I'm still just a stubborn athlete).

The long V4 route from last week went a lot smoother this week and I was able to complete it in 2 segments instead of 3-4 like last week. I also had time to try one of the new black V4 routes that was significantly harder due to it mostly being finger pockets...... I got about 3/4 of the way up this route but should be able to get it without a problem once I'm rested. The new purple V4 is going to be one of my new favorite routes. I was able to get it in 2 segments but definitely can get it in 1 shot next time. Tuesday I also got through one of the hardest sport routes I've ever done. Not sure what it is rated yet but I was excited that I was able to push through even through it took a good 10 minutes to get through the whole thing.

All in all it was a good week of climbing but not a great week of training. Lesson of the week: when you're supposed to take a rest week, TAKE THE REST WEEK!!!! On to vacation........

No comments:

Post a Comment