Read This Before Beginning

This program is a general fitness program working on a 5 day on, 2 day off cycle. As with any exercise program you should consult a physician prior to beginning this program to determine that you are healthy enough to participate. I am in no way responsible for any injuries caused by you participating in this program online. For reference on how to properly perform exercises you can visit the Exercise Library for demonstrations of some but not all of the exercises in this program. Be safe, have fun and let's get started on a new journey today!


Friday, April 29, 2016

Climb A Grade Harder Program: The Final Weeks

Soooooo I didn't post for a few weeks because I had a lot going on. I didn't officially finish the program because we had Lead Climbing Class right in the middle of the 9th week and training has been focused more on learning how to properly do that without dying, but I have still made progress climbing. By the end of the program, or where the program should have ended, I am climbing routes at 5.10c and working on 5.10d for projects and I'm bouldering at V4/V5 and projecting V5/V6.

In the end, had I followed the program to a T, I feel like I may be a little further along, but life throws curve balls and speed bumps in your way and you just have to roll with the punches. What the program did for me that I really like, is it opened my eyes to how you need to train for rock climbing in order to work through plateaus and continue to make progress as you climb. I definitely feel like I took a lot of training knowledge away from the program and that alone to me was worth the cost! Did they reinvent the push up? Of course not. It's all exercises you've done before but in a different pattern and intensity. In short, I'd give the program 2 thumbs up and I may even do it again when I'm ready for another hard conditioning phase. Next for me is adding power and strength back into the program while still maintaining the base climbing conditioning.

Much more climbing to come. Lead certification test is next week and then the whole climbing world is open! Can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment