Read This Before Beginning

This program is a general fitness program working on a 5 day on, 2 day off cycle. As with any exercise program you should consult a physician prior to beginning this program to determine that you are healthy enough to participate. I am in no way responsible for any injuries caused by you participating in this program online. For reference on how to properly perform exercises you can visit the Exercise Library for demonstrations of some but not all of the exercises in this program. Be safe, have fun and let's get started on a new journey today!


Sunday, April 3, 2016

Climb A Grade Harder Program: Week 7 - You're Gonna Die!!!!

Week 7 was the start of the last 2 weeks of the program which I will lovingly refer to as Hell Weeks! They delivered as promised to be the hardest of the program mixing fitness intervals with climbing and tiring me out about twice as fast as normal. I'm a big fan of getting my ass kicked occasionally with a good workout and Tuesday did me in for sure! We only had time to get in 3 of the 4 sets we were supposed to but it was still an ass kicker and I loved it! Thursday we were supposed to repeat the same intervals with bouldering but due to an unexpected time constraint we only did the bouldering section which was still challenging by itself.

Saturday, however, was the day that I fell deeper in love with climbing......I got to climb on my personal rock, Osprey Spire, for a few hours and it was amazing. It was my first time climbing outdoors and my first time self-belaying with my Grigri so it was a little scary and I took everything super easy just to be sure it would all work and it did!!!! I ended up making it up a pretty easy route twice which was more than enough to leave me with a smile and an adrenaline rush that lasted a while! I wish I could explain the void that climbing has filled in my life, but there are no words for it. It has taken over my life in an amazing way and I can't wait to see what each new experience brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment